Monday, July 23, 2012

There Are No Mistakes in Scrapbooking...!


A few weeks ago, one of Andy's co-workers had knee  replacement surgery. He's a great guy and we hope he's back on his feet (literally) very soon. Andy asked me to make a card to send him and this is what I came up with. The images are all from a discontinued Stampin' Up! set called "Loads of Love." Seems easy enough, right? Ha! Fooled you! This is a lesson in fixing-what-you-mess-up-when-you're-not-paying-close-enough-attention. 
I stamped and colored (!) the images on white cardstock, inked the edges, affixed brads for hubcaps, and added a green mat. Then I adhered the striped paper to the front of a gold card. I stamped and punched the tag and placed both pieces on the card front. Quick and Easy! So quick and easy that I wanted to take some pictures so I could use the card for a blog post! This is how my first pic turned out:


Hmmmm.... 
Instead of peeling everything off with Un-Du, I just trimmed the gold card front about 1/4 inch each way and adhered the whole thing to a green card. Much better! Here's another look:


I delivered my fair entries Saturday. We had a failure to communicate which did not make me the happiest person in the world, but it was all (pretty much) worked out in the end. I should know later this week if I won any ribbons. I will share some of those pages when I get them back in a couple of weeks. 

Today was the first day of  "Band Camp" with the entire band. We started at 6 a.m. Ugh. 
I. Am. Not. A. Morning. Person.
So thanks for stopping by, but I have to go to bed!!! See you next time!
Michele 


No comments:

Post a Comment