Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baseball Baby!



I hope you were sitting down when you saw that I had a new post! Three posts in thirteen days?! Crazy!
I am between weddings now, so I'm actually getting close to being caught up with everything else. Well, not that close....

A friend's daughter is having a baby in the fall, so she asked if I could come up with a vintage baseball themed invitation for the baby shower. Being the mother in a baseball-loving family, I had several items on hand that would work very nicely. The best thing was the stamp set I got from Crafty Secrets online store. You know--the store for the Heartwarming Vintage blog--the site that has the linky party that I like to enter every month. So, anyway...I found this adorable little pitcher in the Play Ball stamp set: 
I scrolled through my hundreds of fonts (I'm sure you think that "hundreds" is an exaggeration. ha!) until I found one that reminded me of the lettering on a baseball jersey. I even had a font that makes the swooshes for underneath! Then I typed "You're Invited," printed it, and stamped my little boy above it. Easy peasy! 

I liked the idea of using a diamond shape for his background, but it needed that pop of red behind it. I layered both of those pieces on a blue rectangle and added it to the kraft base.
If she likes it, I will type the shower information on the computer and print it on the cardstock before I cut and fold the card bases.

My friend said she will need around a hundred invitations, so I wanted to keep it pretty simple. If I were using it for a birthday card or only needed a few invitations, I would probably have to add some ribbon or a strip of green or black paper across the bottom, but I love it just the way it is. 

Now I'm heading over to link it to the Heartwarming Vintage Linky Party!
Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment