Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Craftcycling"

Last week I was struck with an idea for recycling something. Then I was struck with memory loss before I entered it into my phone. (If I ever lose that phone, I'm up *that* creek without a paddle. Every appointment goes in the calendar along with everyone's birthdays, and I keep a running list of things to do as well as my shopping lists.) But yesterday I remembered!
I get inspiration from all kinds of odd places. When I see something that gives me an idea I take a picture of it (with my oh-so-useful phone) or, if possible, stick it up on a magnet board in my scraproom. One thing I've gathered several of is clothing tags.

All of these tags, plus a few more, made it onto my magnet board because I liked the colors or the images on them. I originally thought I would just use the color combinations for a card or layout, but the other day I thought, "Why not use the whole tag?" Soooo....



How cute are these?! They could be bookmarks,  gift tags, or embellishments on a layout or card.
The pink one up on top uses the SU! Apothecary Art set and Framelits dies. I really do own more SU! products--I'm just totally enamored with this set! The tan tag on the left has a doily and a small piece of light blue paper covering the printing on the tag, and a flower made from a strip of muslin and a pearl. I tied a narrow braid of leather at the top. The green tag on the right was REALLY easy. I just tied a strip of muslin through the hole on top and adhered a strip of muslin across the bottom to cover the print. Then I added the three little green pearls. Easy-peasy! 
That's all I have time for today. I'm meeting the hubby for a night on the town. Well, a couple hours on the town, anyway! But I want to make the Converse tag (with the star) and the black one with palm trees more masculine, so I'll probably be playing with them again tomorrow.
Betcha never look at clothing tags the same again!  
What's the most unusual thing you ever recycled in your crafting?
Thanks for stopping by! See you Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment