Sunday, September 29, 2013

Free October Calendar and Desktop

OCTOBER?!!! 
Yikes!


Yes, I know it's only the 29th of September, and I know that I am a procrastinator, but here is your October calendar for your iWhatever, complete with sort-of-Halloween-ish colors! 

I did some digi experimenting to get to this one. (See--I was playing--that's why it's ready early!) In the last few months I have accumulated a decent collection of old books, including dictionaries, bibles, hymnals, and other sheet music, and I wanted to include some pages in a calendar. So I took pictures of some of the pages, cropped them so nothing showed behind the paper, and saved them to my photo albums. Then when I went to Coolibah to make the calendar, I was able to pull up those pages just like any other picture. 
I also wanted to jump on the chalkboard bandwagon, so I used a black background and a font called Marcelle Script, which has a kind of chalky look to it.

When I finished the calendar I sent it to the desktop computer which has a much bigger screen. That was when I realized that the two papers at the top left truly belong there. One is the music for "As Time Goes By" and the other is a dictionary page with "four o'clock" as the first entry! 
Very appropriate for a calendar, don't you think? 

If you need help saving your calendar to your lockscreen or homescreen read this.

Here is the desktop version, with more open space for your desktop icons:


I know Halloween colors are traditionally black and orange, but I DON'T DO ORANGE! So this is as close as it's gonna get. I wore orange polyester from head to toe for five months and that was enough orange to last a lifetime. No, I wasn't in prison. I worked behind the bakery counter at Venture. The job was ok, but the uniform was...well...it obviously left me scarred. Luckily, I was able to transfer to cashier and wear normal clothes again after a few months! 

I guess that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by!
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment