Sunday, December 16, 2012

I'm Kind of Obsessed With This Ribbon!


Yes, I am aware that this ^ is not a photograph of ribbons. The ribbons to which I refer in the title of tonight's post are the same ribbons that inspired the brightly colored version of my December calendar and desktop. Mom and I saw them at Michael's a few weeks ago and I couldn't leave until I had a cart-full! Here's a peek:


The colors and designs are just so fun and cheerful, how could I resist?! Don't be surprised if they show up in at least one more post!

Ok. Back to the card....

Each year at "Stamp Club" we have a Christmas card swap. It's really fun to see what everyone comes up with. It's also nice to know that each recipient appreciates the effort that goes into every card.

You know where I got my color scheme. The design came from a card Andy's Aunt Sharon sent us. (Thanks for the inspiration, Sharon!) She used stockings instead of ornaments and her card stands vertically, but other than that I flat out stole scraplifted it!

To make my card I used the following: 


green glitter cardstock (Recollections Leaf from Michael's)
bright green cardstock (I used Paper Accents Sour Apple but SU! Wild Wasabi would work)
dark pink cardstock (SU! Rose Red)
bright blue cardstock (SU! Pacific Point)
white cardstock
white pigment ink
holographic embossing powder
SU! Ornament Keepsakes stamp set
SU! Holiday Ornaments Framelits dies
blue glitter embossing powder
"Happy Holidays" stamp
brick embossing folder

When I make several cards of the same design, I use a bit of an assembly line. 

First I stamped and embossed all the ornaments I would need, then I ran them through the Cuttlebug with the matching dies to cut them out.

Next I ran the white background pieces -- 5.25 x 4 inches --through the Cuttlebug with the brick embossing folder. I left about an inch of the paper out of the folder so I could stamp "Happy Holidays" across the top and emboss it with the blue glitter embossing powder.

I cut strips of the green glitter paper half an inch wide and 5.25 inches long.

 I cut, scored, and folded the cardstock for the base of each card. I made some from the blue cardstock, some from the green, and some from the pink.

Almost there.... 
I adhered the white brick background to the base, layered the strip of glitter paper across the top row of  brick, and placed the ornaments on the brick. 

There are a lot of steps, but each one is pretty easy. 



Now I need to get busy on the rest of our Christmas cards! These have WAAAAY too many steps and pieces to make forty of them! I'm still using the ornament stamps and dies, and there is an embossing folder, but the design is much simpler. I'll share that one with you once they're all in the mail!

Do you have your Christmas/holiday cards finished? NO? Then why are you sitting there reading about mine?! Get to work!

Thanks for stopping by! See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment