Thursday, November 29, 2012

Free December Calendars (Yes, Multiple) and Desktop Backgrounds

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving. Most of our family had dinner at my cousin's house that day. She and her husband did a lovely job of hosting and even volunteered to have Christmas at their house!

 It's a new month, so I have a new calendar for you, but you have a choice to make! I made TWO calendars for December--one bright and fun, the other more traditional with reds, greens, and golds. Of course, you can always refuse to choose and just download both versions! I always use the calendars I post as the lockscreen on my iPad and the interior screen on my phone, so this time I'll have a different calendar for each device.

My mom and I went shopping Monday and found some beautiful ribbons at Michael's. Both of us bought far more than we will (ever) use, but we justified that by telling each other that we could sell the remnants in our flea market booth. Some of the ribbon I bought was so bright and fun that I decided to make the calendar using the same colors. It would make a good January calendar, too, and I thought about saving it for next month, but I've never offered a choice before and wanted to see what would happen if I did. So...here is the first calendar....


And these are the ribbons that inspired it....


Don't they just make you smile? I think these will look great on the silver foil paper I will use to wrap my gifts! I also picked up some jingle bells and glittery plastic poinsettias in the same colors. I can't wait to wrap everything!

When I finished the first calendar, I could hear my mom saying, "That doesn't look very Christmas-y," (Sorry, Mom!) and I had to agree, so I made another. Easy fix.


Both pages were made on my iPad with Coolibah, my favorite and most-used app! Each little sparkly gem on that tree was lovingly placed there for you by my caring fingers. If you need help getting the calendar to your iWhatever or phone, click here for instructions. This post from last January tells how you can make your own calendar using Coolibah. You can use this blank December calendar if you want to try it.


Andy thought I had lost it because I spent so much time on these, but I have a plan. I am going to use one or both of these as a scrapbook page! I realized recently that most of the calendars I've posted could be used that way. If you are a digi-scrapper, just use the page as your background and layer your picture over the actual calendar. If you are a paper scrapper, print the calendar (I'd probably use cardstock or a matte photo paper) then print your photo to fit right over the days and dates. 

If I can manage to corral both boys at any point during the next few weeks, I'll try it and show you how it turns out. 

I'm trying something else new this month. I would like to use the calendars I make as the desktop on my computer, but there's so much going on that it's hard to distinguish the icons. Soooo.... 


 I simply left the basic design and shrunk down the days and dates, leaving lots of free space for the icons. I was going to save this idea for January, but I'm really not very good at waiting.


There you have it! Now no one has an excuse for not knowing what day it is!

I'd love to hear from you! Let me know which calendar you like, or if the desktop idea worked for you. If you are able to use any of my calendars as a scrapbook page I'd love to see them or any calendars you create with Coolibah! Please send pics!

Thanks for stopping by! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment