Friday, August 10, 2012

Stamp Club Sneak Peek



One Friday each month several of us meet at our friendly Stampin' Up! demonstrator's home for "Stamp Club.". Sherry has held these gatherings for so many years that I can't remember when we started, but the oldest Idea Book on my shelf is from 2005. This month we will be trying something new. Sherry has invited me to design the projects and lead the group! I've come up with two card designs and thought you might like to see them.


I started with Baja Breeze, but any color of the rainbow would work for your base. The front is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder called Rebecca. I cut and embossed three shapes from Whisper White cardstock. The largest is from the Labels Collection Framelits and is embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots folder. On top of that are two shapes from the Apothecary Accents Framelits, one embossed with the Elegant Lines folder, and the other stamped with whatever image or sentiment you like and adhered with dimensional adhesive. All edges are inked with Soft Suede. This card is very easy to make--it just requires a lot of cranks on your Cuttlebug or BigShot. Just think about all the different looks you could get simply by changing dies or embossing folders! 


 This is probably my favorite way to make a card in a hurry. I cut a piece of vellum cardstock 4x5.25 inches, stamped it with the En Francais background stamp in Soft Suede, and inked the edges. Next I used Elegant Eggplant to stamp the Sweet Floral image over En Francais. The vellum doesn't absorb the ink very well, so to avoid smears I held the heat gun on the images for a few seconds. Then I added a piece of Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon and adhered the vellum to a card of Perfect Plum. (Apply your adhesive so that it will be hidden by the ribbon and the stamped image if you use vellum.) I didn't put any type of sentiment on this card, but I think it would look nice with an oval tag tied to the ribbon, don't you? This design works with so many stamp combinations. Just choose one image that has a fairly small pattern and one bigger, more substantial image. Quick and easy! 
Here is the same card using cardstock instead of vellum. The images look very different even though the inks are all the same:

I got all my fair entries (and ribbons!) back safe and sound, so I'll try to snap some pictures over the weekend. Maybe something you see will inspire you to dig those boxes and boxes of photos in your closet!

I better go make sure everything is ready to go--tonight's the night! I'll see some of you at Sherry's!
Thanks for stopping by! See you next time!
Michele


No comments:

Post a Comment