Friday, January 27, 2012

Secret Letter Box


Happy Friday! Today I'm just "showing." No "telling." Or would it be "telling," but not "showing?" Hmmm....

I came across a great site the other day called The Women's Waiting Room. Ellen is also a scrapper/crafter, but her posts cover a wide range of topics. She is very entertaining. Go to thewomenswaitingroom.blogspot.com to check it out. (Sorry-I tried to put a link there, but it didn't work.) In one of her posts, called "Fall, leaves, fall,"  she has a photo of a secret letter box that she made. I loved it so much I had to make one, too!



Just looks like a stack of old letters, right? But look what happens when you untie the lace and pick up the top envelope! Too cool! 


I am not EVEN going to try giving directions with pics. I think I would even confuse myself! But there is a Youtube video that gives very clear directions.  Click Here to watch it. (HA! That link worked!) Of course, I had to change mine up a little (mostly just to save my fingers!). See if you can figure out what I did. I think that once I find a place that works for classes and crops, this will be our first project! 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend and I'll be back Tuesday! (Or very early Wednesday morning! teehee!)

1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job! I am so excited to be your first follower and look forward to getting to know! I wish you lived in California because I would also sign up to take one of your classes! Congratulations on being published. You should be very, very proud. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete