Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy Anniversary!


My husband and I recently celebrated our 29th anniversary! We don't normally exchange gifts, but I did not even make him a card! Well, not until tonight....

It's time for another Linky Party over at the Heartwarming Vintage blog, so I got into some of the goodies Sandy sent me a few weeks ago. I picked out an image from "Romance," which is a digital printable. These are so easy to use! You just order the item you want and the ladies at Crafty Secrets send you a link to it. Follow the link, save it to your computer or Dropbox, and it's there for you to print whenever you want. 
Are you intrigued? Sandy and the ladies on the design team have tutorials that walk you through the whole process. You can start small and experiment. If you like the way it works you can always get more.  ;)

Ok--so back to the card!


I printed the image I wanted to use ("In Loving You...") and a couple of other images to use as backgrounds. The paper with the handwriting and leaves is one that I have used like crazy! It's on cards, clothespins, and calendars! I also embossed a piece of vellum and inked the edges of all the layers.



Then I started stacking. The hardest part was deciding which heart charm I wanted to use. Here are a few that I have to choose from....


If I find jewelry really cheap--I mean reasonably priced--I'll snatch it up and take it apart to use on cards or mini albums, so I have a few charms.


I put just a dot of adhesive on the back of the heart. It's pretty heavy and I wouldn't want it to fall off.

See? It's THAT simple! It has taken me longer to write this than it did to put the card together! And that's not good--I'm about to run out of time for the Linky Party. Hop on over and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment